ISOTIS addresses the following objectives:
• To determine educational inequalities in European countries and changes over time in the patterns of inequality as related to changes in educational institutions and policies.
• To examine the resources, experiences and perspectives of a number of significant culturally and linguistically diverse groups in Europe as related to the preschool and primary school system and the local system of support services.
• To collect research evidence and expert knowledge on best practice in supporting families of culturally and linguistically diverse groups to provide informal education and a safe, healthy, nurturing and stable environment to their children.
• To collect research evidence and expert knowledge on best practice in curriculum, pedagogy and inclusive climate development in early childhood and primary school education to enhance the accessibility, effectiveness and inclusiveness of these provisions.
• To collect research evidence and expert knowledge on innovative practice in professional development in early childhood and primary education to increase the quality, effectiveness and inclusiveness of education practice.
• To collect research evidence and expert knowledge on best practice regarding inter-agency coordination and local governance of comprehensive inter-sectoral support services to culturally and linguistically diverse children, families and communities.
• To disseminate (intermediate) research findings to stakeholders, to initiate debates about the research findings and to involve stakeholders in developing the final policy recommendations.
• To develop a set of concrete recommendations and innovative (ICT-based) models for curriculum and pedagogy implementation, professionalization of educators, and governance.