Welcome to ISOTIS!
ISOTIS is a collaborative project funded by the European Union, that includes 17 partners and 11 countries. The project started January, 2017, and will continue until December, 2019.
ISOTIS aims to contribute to effective policy and practice development at different system levels in order to effectively combat early arising and persisting educational inequalities. ISOTIS will do so by generating evidence-based, contextualized and concrete recommendations and tools for:
• Supporting culturally and linguistically diverse families and communities in using their own social, cultural and linguistic resources to create safe and stimulating home environments for their children;
• Creating effective and inclusive curricula and pedagogies in early childhood education and care centres and primary schools;
• Professionalization of staff, centres and schools to improve quality and inclusiveness;
• Establishing inter-agency coordination of support services to children and families;
• Developing policies to combat educational inequalities.
We will design collaborative online tools and apps for parents, classrooms and professionals involved in the lives of culturally and linguistically diverse children and families. This collaborative work will support European practice and policy to meet the challenges and advantages of an increasingly diverse, inclusive European society.
ISOTIS: Giving voice to a diverse and inclusive European society. Share your experiences! Participate!